Monday, June 04, 2012

Music I have been obsessed with the past two days.

I do realise this is my 4th post of the day. But this is music. Nobody can get enough of it. Sara Bareilles' music feels close to her heart, and therefore to us listeners as well, and by that, something I can listen to for hours and days on end. Oasis'/Noel's HFB ones make you feel like screaming "NOEL I LOVE YOU" at a concert. I think their music is amazing in an indescribable way. Really, I don't know why I like them.

-----


Sara Bareilles - Gravity (Acapella version)
- one cannot miss the original, of course. refer to sytycd video below - As I have mentioned, this song works wonders with the choreography. I wish I had listened to it two months ago. This might be a relevant piece in the future as well.


Sara Bareilles - King Of Anything (Live)
this song is special to me because it was the one that cheered me up while I was down and really stressed up during the coursework days back in 2010. I remember having a watercolour palette in front of some sketches at around 3am in the morning and it kind of lifted my mood. That was the first time "happy music" worked for me and I have become a firm believer of the "music changes moods" thing ever since.


Sara Bareilles - Once Upon Another Time
I have called up HMV and Popular for this newest album but they don't have it. Her official store doesn't ship cds to singapore either. Here is a :( to express my disappointment. You can download one of the tracks, stay, from this link.

How gorgeous is she and how great is she live? Am dying to see her play these live. Other wonderful songs include Kaleidoscope Heart, Between the Lines, Uncharted, Gonna Get Over You, Love Song.

-


Sara Bareilles & Ingrid Michaelson - Winter Song
Ingrid Michaelson is coming to Singapore and I will most probably be going!

Favourite Ingrid Michaelson tracks include: Sort of, The Way I Am, Be Ok, Maybe, You and I, Turn to Stone, Can't help falling in love (cover).

-----

As someone aptly described, Noel is "the bottomless fountain of amazing acoustic songs". 


Noel Gallagher - If I Had A Gun (Acoustic Live)
If I had a gun, I'd shoot a hole into the sun,
and love would burn this city down for you


Have the semi-acoustic emotional version I always post as well:

Noel Gallagher - Don't Look Back In Anger (Live)




Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - If I Had A Gun (Live)


Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Don't Look Back In Anger (Live)
Got amused by this comment: "God Speaks at 3:46 :D"

And just to prove all my love for Noel Gallagher did stem from my love for Oasis (they have, unfortunately, disbanded but Noel still makes great music with his high flying birds. I actually like his voice more.), here are some Oasis songs I have been hooked onto:

In fact, my favourite CD on my rack is Oasis' "stop the clocks". Okay Sara Bareilles' "kaleidoscope heart" is  on par.


Oasis - The Importance of Being Idle 
Retro mtv version haha

And I shall end this post with Champagne Supernova, the first Oasis song I heard during SR Rockfest 2009 and consequently fell in love.


Oasis - Champagne Supernova (Live)
I actually like the slower studio version much more (Liam's voice was nicer there as well) but here is a live version in reminiscence of the Rockfest concert. Also, there's Noel's guitar solo from 4:00 to 5:08.

Other awesome oasis/Noel's HFB tracks include: (it's good) to be free, stop crying your heart out, stand by me, wonderwall, Live Forever, Lyla, Sad Song, Whatever, The Death of You and Me.

-

okay I have spammed. Bye to nobody in particular.

No comments: